Department of Electrical Engineering
Chang Gung University, Taiwan
|Shin-Yeu Lin was born in Taiwan. He received the B.S. degree in electronics engineering from National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, in 1975, the M.S. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Texas at El Paso in 1979, and the D.Sc. degree in systems science and mathematics from Washington University, St. Louis, MO, in 1983. From 1984 to 1985, he was a Research Associate and then a Visiting Assistant Professor with Washington University. From 1985 to 1986, he was a Senior Member of technical staff with GTE Laboratory. From 1987 to July 2009, he was an Associate Professor and then a Professor with the Department of Electrical and Control Engineering, National Chiao Tung University. Since August 2009, he has been a Professor with the Department of Electrical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Tao-Yuan, Taiwan. His major research interests include wireless communication, ordinal optimization theory and applications, optimal power flow, and distributed computations.|
A. 期刊論文(Refereed Paper):
1. J. Zaborszky, K.W. Whang, G. Huang, L.J. Chiang, Shin-Yeu Lin, “A Clustered Dynamic Model for a Class of Linear Autonomous Systems Using Simple Enumerative Sorting,” IEEE Trans. On Circuits and Systems, vol. CAS-29, no.11, pp.747-758, Nov. 1982. (EI, SCI)
2. J. Zaborszky, G. Huang, Shin-Yeu Lin, “Control of Reactive Power and Voltage in Emergencies,” Automatica, vol.21, no.3, pp.237-246, May 1985. (EI, SCI)
3. J. Zaborszky, G. Huang, Shin-Yeu Lin, “Reactive and Real Power Control for Computationally Effective Voltage and Thermal Management,” IEEE Trans. On Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-104, no.7, pp.1728-1737, July 1985. (EI, SCI)
4. Y.Y. Hong, D.I. Sun, Shin-Yeu Lin, C.J. Lin, “Multi-year Multi-case Optimal VAR Planning,” IEEE Trans. On Power Systems, vol.5, no.4, pp.1294-1301, Dec. 1990. (EI, SCI)
5. Shin-Yeu Lin, “A Hardware Implementable Two-Level Parallel Computing Algorithm for General Minimum-Time Control,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol.37, no.5, pp.589-603, May 1992. (EI, SCI)計畫編號:NSC-79-0212-D009-22
6. Shin-Yeu Lin, “A Distributed State Estimator for Electric Power Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol.7, no.2, pp.571-581, May 1992. (EI, SCI)計畫編號:NSC-79-0404-E-009-48
7. Shin-Yeu Lin, “Complete Decomposition Algorithm for Nonconvex Separable Optimization Problems and Application,” Automatica, vol.28, no.6, pp.1249-1254, Nov.1992 (EI, SCI)計畫編號: NSC-78-0404-E-009-33
8. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch’i-Hsin Lin, “An Implementable Distributed State Estimator and Distributed BadData Processing Schemes for Electric Power Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol.9, no.3, pp.1277-1284, Aug. 1994. (EI, SCI)
9. Shin-Yeu Lin, “A Hardware Implementable Receding Horizon Controller for Constrained Nonlinear Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol.39, no.9, pp.1893-1899, Sept. 1994. (EI, SCI)
10.Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, “An Efficient Method for Unconstrained Optimization Problems of Nonlinear Large Mesh-Interconnected Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, vol.40, no.3, pp.490-495, March 1995. (EI, SCI)
11.Shin-Yeu Lin, Chee-Feng Lee and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, “Experimental Computer Network and Software Development for Distributed State Estimator,” Journal of Chinese Inst. Of Elec. Engr. vol.3, no.3, pp.197-206, 1996. (EI)
12.Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, “A Computationally Efficient Method for Nonlinear Multicommodity Network Flow Problems,” Networks, vol.29, no.4, pp.225-244, July 1997. (EI, SCI)
13.Shin-Yeu Lin, “Basic Hardware Module for a Nonlinear Programming Algorithm and Applications,” Automatica, vol.33, no.9, pp.1579-1586, Aug 1997. (EI, SCI)
14.Ch'i-Hsin Lin, and Shin-Yeu Lin, “A New Dual Type Method Used in Solving Optimal Power Flow Problems,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol.12, no.4, pp.1667-1675, Nov. 1997. (EI, SCI)
15.Ch'i-Hsin Lin, Shin-Yeu Lin and Shieh-Shing Lin, “Improvements on the Duality Based Method Used in Solving Optimal Power Flow Problems,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol.17, no.2, pp.315-323, May 2002. (EI, SCI) 計畫編號: NSC 88-2213-E-009-123
16.Shin-Yeu Lin and Y.C. Ho, “Universal Alignment Probability Revisited,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol.113, no.2, pp.399-407, May 2002. (SCI) 計畫編號: 第三十九屆出國進修
17. Shin-Yeu Lin, Shieh-Shing Lin, and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, “A Dual-type Method Based Algorithm for Nonlinear Large Network Optimization Problems,” Asian Journal of Control, vol.4, no.2, pp.138-145, June 2002. (EI, SCI) 計畫編: NSC 88-2213-E-009-123
18.Shin-Yeu Lin and Shieh-Shing Lin, “A Parallel Block Scaled Gradient Method with Decentralized Step-size for Block Additive Unconstrained Optimization Problems of Large Distributed System”, Asian Journal of Control, vol.5, no.1, pp.104-115, March 2003. (EI, SCI) 計畫編號: NSC 88-2213-E-009-123
19.Shin-Yeu Lin, Y.C. Ho and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, “An Ordinal Optimization Theory Based Algorithm for Solving the Optimal Power Flow Problem with Discrete Control Variables,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol.19, no.1, pp.276-286, Feb. 2004. (EI, SCI) 計畫編號: NSC 91-2213-E-009-070
20.Shin-Yeu Lin and Shih-Cheng Horng, “Application of an Ordinal Optimization Algorithm to the Wafer Testing Process,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A, vol.36, no.6, pp.1229-1234, Nov. 2006. (EI, SCI) 計畫編: NSC 93-2218-E-009-036
21.Shin-Yeu Lin and Shih-Cheng Horng, “A Classification Based Fault Detection and Isolation Scheme for the Ion Implanter,” IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, vol.19, no.4, pp.411-424, Nov. 2006. (EI, SCI) 計畫編號: NSC 94-2213-E-E009-044.
22.Ch’i-Hsin Lin and Shin-Yeu Lin, “Distributed Optimal Power Flow with Discrete Control Variables of Large Distributed Power Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol.23, no.3, pp. 1383-1392, Aug. 2008. (EI, SCI) 計畫編號: NSC95-2221-E-009-099-MY2.
23.Shin-Yeu Lin and Jung-Shou Huang, “Adaptive Subcarrier Assignment and Bit Allocation for Multiuser OFDM System Using Ordinal Optimization Approach”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.57, no.5, pp.2907-2919, Sept. 2008. (EI, SCI) 計劃編號: NSC95-2221-E-009-099-MY2.
24.Shin-Yeu Lin and Jung-Shou Huang, “A Computationally Efficient Method for Large Dimension Subcarrier Assignment and Bit Allocation Problem of Multiuser OFDM System,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol.E91-B, no.12, pp. 3966-3973, Dec. 2008. (EI,SCI) 計畫編號: NSC97-2221-E-009-088-.
25.Shih-Cheng Horng and Shin-Yeu Lin, “Ordinal Optimization of G/G/1/K Polling Systems with k-limited Service Discipline,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol.140, pp. 213-231, Feb. 2009. (SCI) 計劃編號: NSC95-2221-E-009-099-MY2.
26.Shin-Yeu Lin and Ting-Yu Chan, “A Petri-net Based Automated Distributed Dynamic Channel Assignment for Cellular Network”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology vol.58, no.8, pp.4540-4553, Oct, 2009. (EI, SCI)
27.Shin-Yeu Lin, Shih-Cheng Horng and Cheng-Zih Lin, "Expanding Service Capacities and Increasing Service Reliabilities for the Grid-Based Utility Computing," accpted by the IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part A.
28.Shin-Yeu Lin, Shih-Cheng Horng, Cheng-Zih Lin , “Expanding Service Capacities and Increasing Service Reliabilities for the Grid-Based Utility Computing “, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part A: Systems and Humans , 2011/01
29.Shin-Yeu Lin, Chong-Wei Su, Jung-Shou Huang ,, “Expert System Based Parallel Multi-1D Block Matching Algorithm with Implementation for Motion Estimation “, Expert System with Applications , 2012/02
30.Shin-Yeu Lin and Wei-Yuan Chen ,” Visual Comfort Control for Building Energy Management Systems ”,Advanced Material Research , 2012/05
31.Shih-Cheng Horng and Shin-Yeu Lin ,” Multi-stage Ordinal Optimization Based Approach for Job Shop Scheduling Problems ”, Applied Mathematics and Computation , 2012/10
32.Shin-Yeu Lin and Che-Yen Chang ,” Genetic Algorithm Based Iterative Two-Level Algorithm for Resource Allocation Problems and Applications ”, International Journal of Inoovative Computing Information and Control,2012/10
33.Shin-Yeu Lin, Wei-Yuan Chen ,“ Simple and Effective Algorithms for Air Quality Control of Building Energy Management Systems “, Advanced Science Letters , 2013/01
34. Shih-Cheng Horng, Shin-Yeu Lin ,” Combining Evolution Strategy with Ordinal Optimization ”, International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making , 2013/03
35.Shih-Cheng Horng, Shin-Yeu Lin ,” Evolutionary algorithm assisted by surrogate model in the framework of ordinal optimization and optimal computing budget allocation ”, Information Sciences , 2013/06
36.Shin-Yeu Lin, Jyun-Fu Chen ,“ Distributed optimal power flow for smart grid transmission system with renewable energy sources “, Energy , 2013/07
37.Shih-Cheng Horng, Shin-Yeu Lin, Loo Hay Lee, Chun-Hung Chen ,” Memetic Algorithm for Real-Time Combinatorial Stochastic Simulation Optimization Problems with Performance Analysis ”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics , 2013/10
38.Shin-Yeu Lin, Ai-Chih Lin , ” RLOPF (risk-limiting optimal power flow) for systems with high penetration of wind power ”, Energy , 2014/07
39.Shin-Yeu Lin, Shih-Ching Chiu, Wei-Yuan Chen ,” Simple automatic supervisory control system for office building based on energy-saving decoupling indoor comfort control ”, Energy and Buildings , 2015/01
1. Shin-Yeu Lin, “A Two-Phase Parallel Computing Algorithm for the Solution of Receding Horizon Control of Constrained Nonlinear Systems,” Proceedings of the 32nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, San Antonio, TX, Dec.1993.
2. Shin-Yeu Lin, Ch’I-Hsin Lin, and Sun-Li Yu, “An Efficient Descent Algorithm for a Class for Unconstrained Optimization Problems of Nonlinear large mesh-Interconnected Systems,” Proceedings of the 32nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, San Antonio, TX, Dec.1993.
3. Shin-Yeu Lin, Ch’I-Hsin Lin, “Computing Projected Jacobi Method with Dual Projected Pseudo Quasi Newton Method for Multicommodity Network Flow Problems,” Proceedings of the 32nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, San Autonio, TX, Dec. 1993.
4. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch’I-Hsin Lin, “An Efficient Algorithm for State Estimation Problems of Large-Scaled Nonlinear Systems,” Proceeding of the 10th IFAC Conference on System Identification Copenhagen, Denmark, July 1994.
5. Shin-Yeu Lin, "Architecture and Operations of the VLSI Array Processors for Implementing a Receding Horizon Controller," Tahoe City, CA, June 1995.
6. Shin-Yeu Lin and Shih-Cheng Horng, "A Decision Sequence Based Congestion Control for Multi-Destimation Network-Problem Formulation and Classification,"Rome, Italy, Sept 1995.
7. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, "Dual Projected Pseudo Quasi-Newton Method and Application," to be presented, San Francisco, July 1996.
8. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, "A Modified Distributed Block Jacobi Method for Block Additive Unconstrained Optimization Problems of Large Systems," Exeter,England, Sept 1996.
9. Shin-Yeu Lin and Shi-Cheng Horng, "A Method for Discrete Time Linear Quadratic Optimal Control Problems of a Large-Scale Multidestination Network," Exeter, England, Sept 1996.
10. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch'i-Hsin Lin, "A Two-Phase Method and Successive Minimization Technique for Optimization Problems", Cancun, Mexico, May 1997.
11. Shin-Yeu Lin and Shieh-Shing Lin, "A Paralled Processing Algorithm for a Class of Quadratic Programming Problems and Applications", Karlsruhe Germany, Aug. 31-Setp. 3, 1999. 計畫編號:NSC 88-2213-E-009-123
12. Shin-Yeu Lin, J.-S. Huang, S.-K. Cheng, and S.-F. Chang, "Controlled Paramenters in Suboptimal Solutions", Karlsruhe, Germany, Aug. 31-Sept. 3 1999.
13. S.-C. Horng, Shin-Yeu Lin, Y.-S. Yang, M.-H. Cheng, C.-H. Liu, W.-Y. Lee and C.-H. Tsai, “Reducing Overkills and Retests in Wafer Testing Process,” ASMC 2003, Munich, Germany, March 31-Apr. 1, 2003. 計畫編號:NSC 91-2213-E-009-070
14. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch’i-Hsin Lin, “A Distributed Constrained State Estimator: Theory and Experiment,” IASTED EuroPES 2003, Marbella, Spain, Sept. 5-8, 2003. 計畫編號:NSC 88-2213-E-009-123
15. C.-H. Tsai, Shin-Yeu Lin, M.-H. Cheng, S.-C. Horng, C.-H. Liu, W.-Y. Lee and C.-H. Tsai, “An Effective and Efficient Hierarchical Fuzzy Classifier,” The second ICMLC, Xian, China, Nov. 5-8, 2003. 計畫編號: 第三十九屆出國進修
16. Shin-Yen Lin, S.-C. Horng and C.-H. Tsai, “Fault Detection of the Ion Implanter Using Classification Approach,”ASCC 2004, Melbourne, Australia, July 21-23, 2004.
17. 洪士程、林心宇、蔡佶興，"使用分類方法完成離子植入機的錯誤偵測"，2003 人工智慧、模糊系統及灰色系統聯合研討會，台北，十二月六日，2003.
18. 洪士程、林心宇、鄭木火、林彥宏、劉俊宏、李文猶、蔡嘉鴻，"A Weighted Least Square Estimation for Compensating the Modeling Overlay Errors"，中國工業工程學會九十二年度年會暨學術研討會，彰化，十二月六日，2003
19. S.-Y. Lin and C.-H.Lin,“A distributed optimal power flow,” Proceedings of the IASTED EuroPES 2005, Malaga, Spain,June 17-19,2005.
20. Shin-Yeu Lin and Shih-Cheng Horng, “Ordinal optimization approach to stochastic simulation optimization problems and applications,” Proceeding of the 15th IASTED international conference on applied simulation and modeling, pp. 274-279, Rhodes, Greece, June 26-28, 2006.
21. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch’i –Hsin Lin, “Capacitor placement for transmission systems using ordinal optimization approach,”Proceedings of the 3rd IASTED Asian Conference on Power and Energy systems, Phukett, Thailand, April 2-4,2007.
22. Shin-Yeu Lin and Ch’i –Hsin Lin,“Ordinal optimization approach for mixed variable nonlinear optimization problems of large network systems,”Proceedings of the IASTED Asian conference on Modeling and Simulation, Beijing, China, Oct 8-10,2007.